Friday, April 29, 2011

amor mn

amor mn





amor mn amor mn amor mn



amor mn amor mn amor mn







Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells. ~J. Paul Getty



Good for the body is the work of the body, and good for the soul is the work of the soul, and good for either is the work of the other. ~Henry David Thoreau



There is more felicity on the far side of baldness than young men can possibly imagine. ~Logan Pearsall Smith



I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering. ~Steven Wright



When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk



If you are afraid of loneliness, don't marry. ~Anton Chekov



The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese. ~G.K. Chesterton



I haven't had sex in eight months. To be honest, I now prefer to go bowling. ~Kimberly Jones



A large, still book is a piece of quietness, succulent and nourishing in a noisy world, which I approach and imbibe with "a sort of greedy enjoyment," as Marcel Proust said of those rooms of his old home whose air was "saturated with the bouquet of silence." ~Holbrook Jackson



My mother made me a scientist without ever intending to. Every other Jewish mother in Brooklyn would ask her child after school, "So? Did you learn anything today?" But not my mother. "Izzy," she would say, "did you ask a good question today?" That difference - asking good questions - made me become a scientist. ~Isidor Isaac Rabi



Long A: No, but here is where I am and am not:



But I was not, to use the theological phrase, receptive. The great obstacle to the influx of grace was my own perfect happiness, and it is well known that God takes no thought for the happy, any more than He does for birds and puppies, perhaps realizing they have no need of Him and mercifully letting them alone. ~John Glassco, Memoirs of Montparnasse, 1970



Crimes of which a people is ashamed constitute its real history. The same is true of man. ~Jean Genet



Wear your learning like your watch, in a private pocket; and do not pull it out, and strike it, merely to show that you have one. ~Lord Chesterfield



Age is a slowing down of everything except fear. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960



The poker player learns that sometimes both science and common sense are wrong; that the bumblebee can fly; that, perhaps, one should never trust an expert; that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of by those with an academic bent. ~David Mamet



Billy Crystal: "Yeah, but what's that one thing?"



The last time I opened my chakra so I could feel my peace, I got thrown right out of the pub. ~Terri Guillemets



Black holes result from God dividing the universe by zero. ~Author Unknown



Monday is a lame way to spend 1/7 of your life. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment